Moving to a new location can be a very stressful task
By considering all the following things you can determine the final price of your auto transport quote:
1. Distance is the most important factor. If you want to transport your vehicle to a very far off place then obviously the costs will be high. In addition to distance the type of terrain is also important.
2. The weight and dimensions of your car can also affect the cost. Larger vehicles take more space on a trailer and your auto transport company will charge more money for it. Similarly if your car is very heavy then fuel consumption of the trailer will be very high and you'll have to pay extra money.
3. Transportation of an exotic car is quite different from the transportation of an ordinary car. Usually transporters charge more money for the former type because it requires a lot more care and pampering on their part. Ordinary cars, on the other hand, don't need any special treatment.
4. Condition of vehicle is another important factor. If your vehicle is in working condition then it can be easily loaded and unloaded but if it doesn't work properly then the shipper will have to put in some extra effort.
5. There are two main types of trailers used for auto transport. Enclosed trailers are costly but they protect the vehicles from all environmental hazards like dust and rain. Open trailers don't offer such protection but they are quite cheap. While selecting the type of trailer keep your budget in mind.
6. The last thing that can have an impact on cost is the pickup option you use. If you choose terminal to terminal transportation then you won't have to pay as much money as in the case of door to door transportation.
Today there are thousands of auto transport companies working in different parts of the country and many of them have unfair price structures. Using the above guidelines can help you avoid such companies. Make sure you consider all the factors before selecting a particular company.