Matters needing attention
1. Parceling can be divided into direct assembly or transfer assembly. Direct assembly refers to the loading and unloading of goods in the container at the same port without unpacking the container before arriving at the destination port, that is, the goods are at the same unloading port. This kind of service is short, convenient and fast. Generally, powerful companies will provide this kind of service only. Conversion refers to goods in containers that are not at the same port of destination and need to be unloaded or transshipped halfway. Due to the different port of destination, long waiting time and other factors, such cargo has a longer shipping period, or even higher freight.
2. The LCL cargo generally can not accept the appointment of a specific shipping company. The shipping company accepts the booking of the whole container cargo instead of the LCL cargo directly. Only after the LCL cargo is consolidated by the freight forwarder, can the LCL cargo be booked to the shipping company, "centralized commissioning, centralized allocation".
3. When negotiating with customers, special attention should be paid to the relevant transport terms, so as not to find that the other party's letter of credit can not meet the transport terms when handling shipment. In daily operation, we often encounter L/C stipulation that LCL does not accept freight forwarder's bill of lading, because shipping company does not directly accept LCL's order, shipping company's bill of lading is sent to the forwarder, and then the forwarder issues HOUSE B/L to the shipper. If L/C stipulation does not accept freight forwarder B/L, then there is no choice in actual transportation, which will cause L/C inconsistency.
4. Make every effort to accurately calculate the tonnage of LCL cargo. Before the delivery of LCL, the factory should be required to measure the weight and size of the goods as accurately as possible. When the goods are delivered to the warehouse designated by the forwarder, the warehouse will generally re-measure, and the re-measured size and weight will be used as the charging standard. If a factory changes its packaging, it should ask the factory to notify in time, not to wait until the goods are delivered to the freight forwarder warehouse, and feedback the information back through the freight forwarder, often time is very tight, then change the customs declaration documents, it is easy to delay customs declaration, or produce an urgent customs declaration fee and port charges, etc.
5. Because of the insufficient supply and high cost of LCL in some ports, the freight forwarding companies specializing in LCL adopt the lowest tariff standard for goods with less volume. If the lowest starting point is 2 freight tons, i.e. less than 2 freight tons, they will all charge according to 2 freight tons. Therefore, in order to avoid being passive in the future, some such factors should be taken into account when the cargo volume is small and the ports are biased.
6. For some routes and ports which are relatively remote, and customers have proposed to deliver LCL cargo to inland points, it is better to consult before the contract is concluded, confirming that shipping companies and forwarding companies can undertake to handle these remote ports, inland points delivery and related costs before signing the contract.
7. Customs offices around the country will focus on the inspection of sensitive and trademark-protected goods. For goods involving intellectual property rights, the "Intellectual Property Declaration Form" should be completed in advance. Whether there is a brand or not, whether the company or the factory registered trademark, or the customer's licensing, relevant information on the registered trademark or the customer's authorization should be prepared beforehand.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.